Stoner Approved Recipes
Outsiders often conclude that cannabis users are all the same, fitting into the stereotypical stoner image that has been projected since the ’60s. However, this could not be further from the truth. One of the only real attributes that are shared amongst the majority of weed smokers is the appreciation of food and good munchies.
Cannabis opens many a culinary door for home cooks and consumers alike. Whether you like to bake up a pan of edibles or a meal for a host of friends, cannabis can be integrated into thousands of tasty and unique recipes.
Delicious Options for New and Experienced Home Cooks
From brownies to pasta, we scoured our resources and found some of the best cannabis-infused, stoner-approved recipes out there. Because we encourage inclusion, family, and friends, our first recipe is for more of a communal dinner or for a potluck dish.
Cannabis Mac and Cheese
You got us. This one is a bit of a cheat. However, we think you will not only forgive but thank us in the end… it requires Cannabutter and a simple boxed macaroni and cheese dinner kit. Ultimately this is an excellent chance for integration that does not occur to everyone right away.
- 1 Boxed mac and cheese dinner kit
- 1-2 Tbsp Cannabutter (more or less to taste)
- Cook the noodles in the kit according to their cook instructions
- Add in the correct measured amount of milk and powdered cheese
- Add 1-2 Tbsp Cannabutter (more or less according to taste)
- Mix thoroughly and let cool at least five minutes before enjoying!
Peanut Butter Quick Bread
Quick bread makes for an excellent cannabis-infused treat because it is convenient and contains common ingredients found in the everyday pantry. This bread is both moist and rich in flavor, providing consumers with an intense, sustainable, and long-lasting high.
- 2 Cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 4 Tbsp Cannabutter
- ½ Cup sugar
- ¼ Cup brown sugar
- 1 Large egg
- 1 Cup milk
- Heat your oven to 340-degrees
- Grease a 9x5x3 inch loaf pan and set aside for later
- Take your mixing bowl and beat your Cannabutter and sugar on low speed until the ingredients become fluffy. Now mix in your peanut butter, egg, and vanilla, continuously scraping down the sides of the bowl for a thorough mixture.
- Add in your flour and beat with a mixer until thoroughly combined. Your batter will be thick at this point. Add in the milk and beat until smooth.
- Pour your batter into a loaf pan until it is spread evenly. Bake it for 50 minutes or until your bread bounces back after indenting it with a finger.
- Allow the bread to cool within the pan for at least 15 minutes. Remove and place it on a cooling rack until completely cool.
Cannabis Spaghetti and Sauce
Spaghetti is an age-old meal that is great for families, potlucks, or group dinners. What you might now know is, it is entirely possible to create a delicious, THC infused spaghetti sauce that will delight your taste buds and allow you to relax. This is a perfect dish that will feed many at your next canna potluck!
- 8-Ounces tomato paste, canned
- 2 Tbsp Canna-oil
- ½ Cup onions, chopped
- ½ Cup red pepper, chopped
- ½ Cup Cannabutter
- ½ Cup distilled water
- 1 Garlic clove, minced
- 1 Bay leaf
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp thyme
- 16-ounces dry spaghetti
- Mix all the ingredients except the noodles within a large saucepan
- Allow it to simmer for 1 hour and 45 minutes
- Get water boiling and cook your pasta until al dente
- Allow the sauce and noodles to cool
- Serve and enjoy!
Cannabutter Pan-Seared Steak
The majority of the population enjoys a good steak from time to time. And after all, what is better than a juicy steak and baked potato for dinner after you smoke? Yep, you guessed it – THC infused pan-seared steak!
- 5 lbs. Ribeye steak. Preferably one that is at least 1.5 inches thick
- 1 Tbsp olive oil (Or canola oil if you do not have olive oil)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp Cannabutter
- Begin by preheating your oven to 500-degrees while bringing the steak down to room temp. (Allow it to sit out at least an hour
- Place a frying pan on the main burner and heat it on high for 5 minutes
- Brush the steak lightly with the oil of your choice then add seasoning as desired
- Place your steak in the center of your hot frying pan. Cook it for 1-2 minutes then flip
- Place your Cannabutter atop the steak and place the pan into the oven
- Cook for 2 minutes, flip, and cook for 2 more minutes
- Remove the pan from the oven and place the steak on a plate before wrapping the plate in foil for 2 minutes
- Following this resting period, go ahead and serve with the sides of your choice
Velvety Canna-Mashed Potatoes
I think it is safe to say that mashed potatoes are one of the more universal, well-loved foods in existence. Eaten from Ireland to American and everywhere in-between, this popular dish only gets better with the addition of Cannabutter. In fact, this would make for a great addition to the previous steak recipe (see above).
- 2 ½ lbs. russet or Yukon potatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tsp. Cannabutter
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil
- Peel and wash your potatoes, cut them into 2-inch cubes and place them in the water
- Turn the heat to medium and boil until potatoes are soft – 15 or so minutes
- Remove from heat and drain before placing the potatoes in a bowl
- Hand mash while adding in your butter, Cannabutter, and cream cheese, mix thoroughly with a hand mixer
- Serve and enjoy!
Cook your Stoner Heart Out
As you can see, the extent of foods that can be turned in cannabis-infused dishes is quite unlimited. Whether you are searching for a great main course or that perfect dessert for friends, all you need is some Cannabutter and a can-do attitude! Give a few of these recipes a try and see how truly easy it can be. Before you know it, you will be the go-to Canna-chef for your family and friends. With a little hard work you will be hosting dinners in no time!