Photo by Wesley Gibbs on Unsplash
Maybe you’re a novice, or perhaps you’re a pot-smoking veteran.
But that doesn’t matter. Both of you guys want to get high into the clouds.
And thankfully, when it comes to how to get super high off weed, we’ve been able to compile some pretty dope tips to keep you flying.
It doesn’t matter how high your weed tolerance is, we got you covered.
In this kush lover’s guide, we’re going to give you some pointers to get you higher faster, more efficiently, and, most importantly — high.
Did we say that we’re going to get you… nevermind. Let’s get to it.
Disclaimer For Novice Smokers:
Before we take you to class to teach you how to get higher, there’s something you need to know.
Although it’s nearly impossible to overdose on marijuana, with great power comes great responsibility. You may not be Spiderman, but these tips should be used cautiously and responsibly.
Unless your goal is to get completely stoned out of your mind — then maybe this is okay.
Anyway, if you’re a new smoker with a low tolerance, take it slow and Enjoy.
1) Choose a strain of weed with more THC.
The most straightforward way to get higher off weed?
Get stronger cannabis.
Remember that THC is what gets you high.
The more THC potency that a strain of weed has and the more THC that you consume, the higher you’ll get.
So when you’re shopping for cannabis, pay attention to the THC content.
In today’s world, most cannabis will have THC content somewhere between the 10 and 20 percent range.
Besides the THC content, there are also three main marijuana strain variations to keep in mind:
- Sativas generally make you feel more uplifted. This is what people usually smoke when they’re going to social gatherings or a beautiful hike.
- Indicas give you more of a sedative, relaxing feeling — making it a perfect strain for watching a movie or sleeping.
- Hybrids are a combination of Sativa and Indica and come with a wide variety of feelings and effects.
2) Manage your inhaling.
One of the most common mistakes, when novices are smoking weed, is improperly inhaling.
Don’t just take a quick puff and blow it out of your mouth like a cigar.
To maximize your highness, you need to breathe the smoke into your lungs.
If you want to make sure that you’re getting it all in, breathe in some fresh air before you exhale the smoke.
You may have heard that holding your weed smoke in longer will help you get higher, but some scientific studies have also refuted this.
Holding your smoke in for 5+ seconds isn’t a way to get high faster.
Holding in the inhale for no more than a couple seconds is all you’ll need to get the job done. Plus, studies have pointed to that THC is absorbed into your lungs almost instantly.
3) Try using different methods of getting high.
Besides the specific cannabis strains that you choose, the tools and methods you use are going to have a significant impact too.
There are so many ways you can smoke, vaporize, and eat your cannabis that you could write a book about it.
Seriously. But to keep things short here’s a quick guide on some of my favorite, most effective methods to inhale your THC:
- Bongs and bubblers. In essence, bongs and bubblers cool the smoke down before it goes into your lung so you can get a bigger hit. Never underestimate a bong. Everyone has a story about the time they unexpectedly got smacked down by a bong.
- Gravity bongs. Gravity bongs are getting their own section just because of their ability to help you take in massive hits effortlessly. They’re also easy DIY projects to make at home, and they’re simply one of the most efficient ways to smoke weed.
- Vaping. Vaping THC oil has been a recent growing trend recently. It’s convenient, high in THC content, so it only makes sense why it has become so popular.
4) Add kief and dabs to your kush.
Adding kief and dabs to your smoking equation is one sure way to blast yourself closer to the moon.
You’ll need to buy dabs separately, but dabs are just THC in an oil form — and usually A LOT more potent than regular bud.
And kief is the name for the fine THC powder that separates from the weed when you grind it up. All you need is a weed grinder that has a kief catcher to get your own kief.
Once you have your kief or dab oil, sprinkle it in with some of your kush and rock’n’roll.
5) Grind your weed.
As simple as this might sound, it’s still often overlooked by pot rookies around the world.
Investing in a decent grinder is an easy way to get more out of your marijuana.
Properly ground-up weed will help you make smoother, bigger hits. And it’ll help you get that kief that we were just talking about.
6) Take a break from smoking weed to reduce your weed tolerance.
“Weed doesn’t get me high anymore.”
I know. Weed is awesome.
And for some of us, it can be hard to take a break from it.
But at the same time, if you’re only using it recreationally, it won’t hurt to take a break for a week (or longer), especially if you can’t get high anymore.
Daily smokers will often enough not be able to get their high due to their growing weed tolerance.
So once you start smoking after a break, you’ll be able to get that high that you just had in your daydream.
Go ahead, take a break and rediscover that high you used to get.
7) Dine on some edibles instead of smoking.
Edibles can be hands down, one of the most potent ways to take in your THC. Not to mention that it also gives your lungs a break.
You can make them at home, or you can buy them at a dispensary.
Gummies, cookies, brownies — you name it, you can eat it and get high.
If you happen to like chef-it-up in the kitchen, the things you can cook with cannabutter are endless. Getting high and eating a delicious dinner — that’s not a bad idea, isn’t it?
People that are even avid weed smokers can get blitzed by an edible.
Just keep in mind that edibles usually take about 45 to 60 minutes to smack you, so be patient.
8) Change up your diet.
Did you know that the food you put in your body can affect your high?
Well, it does, and depending on what you eat, you can enhance THC’s effects on your brain.
Here are some simple foods you can eat to give yourself a boost:
- Mangos. Myrcene is a chemical that helps THC move in your brain faster, intensifying highs. And guess what has myrcene? Weed! And Mangos!
- Dark chocolate. When you eat chocolate with 72% or more of cacao, it’ll act as an antioxidant.
- Salmon, sardines, flaxseeds, walnuts, etc. Foods with omega-3 fatty acids will help your body synthesize endocannabinoids and cannabinoid receptors. Wow, science!
9) Change up your surroundings with an adventure.
Sometimes getting high and going on a scenic adventure go together like popcorn in a movie theater.
Believe it or not, the environment where you experience a high will also have an impact on how you feel.
It’s easy to change things up. You can chill at a different location or even just get high during a different time of day than you usually do.
10) Exercise before you get high.
Exercising and marijuana — that’s not a combination that comes together every day.
And before I go further:
If you don’t have much fat on your body, this tip won’t do you much good. Yes, I’m serious.
Amazing, right? Another reason to exercise. And it gets you more baked.
11) Take care of your weed when you store it.
We’ve all probably done it at some point. And it’s okay, but we need to stop killing our weed when we store it.
Storing cannabis in plastic containers or bags might be spoiling your weed’s potency.
Plastic can build up electric charges that are harmful to THC-filled trichomes (the little crystals on weed that produce the cannabinoids).
So what’s the fix to this?
Glass jars. They don’t build up electrical charges, and they’re pretty easy to get your hands on.
For long periods of time, you’ll also need a container that controls humidity to protect your kush from drying up and losing its dankness.
An easy fix to this is leaving an orange, lime, or lemon peel stored with your weed. The peel will help maintain just the right of humidity to protect your precious herb.
And there you have it. It’s time for you to take flight and get baked.
Feel free to try out some of our 11 tips on how to get really high off weed, or do all of them at once if you’re feeling wild.
Remember to get high responsibly.
Are there any tips that we missed? Leave us a comment below!